Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP)
MMAP is a free service providing individuals and their families or caregivers with the knowledge to make informed health care coverage decisions.
MMAP counselors are volunteers who have undergone specialized training in Medicare/Medicaid laws and regulations, health insurance counseling and relevant insurance product. Because they are not connected with any insurance company, they are able to serve objectively and confidentially.
MMAP counselors can help you understand:
* Doctor and hospital bills
* Medicare summary notices
* Medicare/Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, coverage, claims and appeals
* Prescription coverage (Part D) or Medicare Savings Program
* Medicare Supplemental insurance needs, policies, refunds and claims
* Long term care financing options
* How to identify and report scams, identity theft, fraud and abuse
For assistance, call MMAP at 1-800-803-7174